In general, the benefits of the CICO diet are the same as other weight loss diet methods. The creation of an ideal body weight from a calorie deficit can support health in various ways, namely:
- Reducing the risk of health problems, such as heart disease, cancer, respiratory problems, sleep apnea or stopping breathing while sleeping, to depression
- Improve mobility and overall quality of life
Even so, the CICO diet is also inseparable from the risk of side effects that arise. This relates to the principle of a diet that only focuses on the number of calories, regardless of the type and nutrition of the food consumed.
Some of the risks of side effects that may arise from implementing the CICO diet include:
- Malnutrition or lack of other nutrients that the body actually needs
- Increases the risk of diabetes and high cholesterol
- Reproductive hormone disorders
- Makes the body less energy
Those are some things about the CICO diet that you need to know. This type of diet may be effective for weight loss, but not for maintaining weight in the long term. Considering the type of food and other nutritional content is not too considered in the CICO principle.
It should be understood that everyone has different body conditions and needs. We recommend that you consult with your doctor or nutritionist before applying a certain diet pattern.